As the weather gets colder and evening comes sooner, it seems like the stars are brighter than ever. Seeing the beautiful night sky reminds me of the song Oh Holy Night. I am always in awe of how beautiful a clear night sky is. When I was young we lived in a small town in the mountains. At night the air was clear and there weren’t a lot of city lights to compete with the delicate beauty of the stars. Our family would go outside and just look at the sky. My father would tell us stories about the constellations and point out all the planets. It was better than television.
Christ was born on a beautiful clear night. With stars brightly shining. Heaven celebrating His coming to earth to dwell with His people. It was a Holy Night when heaven and earth stood still to welcome Him.
- O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
- It is the night of our dear Saviour’s birth.
- Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
- Till He appear’d and the soul felt its worth.
- A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices,
- For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
- Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
- O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
- O night divine, O night, O night Divine.